Asian Shrimp and Zucchini Skewers with Noodle Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Protein: 27g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 1100mg
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound large peeled, deveined shrimp (about 24)
- 1/2 pound zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 in. thick
- 2 ounces flat rice-stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 4 cups lightly packed torn butter or red-leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1. Whisk together garlic, lime zest and juice, sauces, ginger, and oil in a small bowl. Toss shrimp and zucchini in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup sauce mixture to coat.
- 2. Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water, and chill until ready to use.
- 3. Thread shrimp and zucchini alternately on 8 metal skewers (8 to 10 in.). Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill skewers, turning once, until shrimp are cooked through and zucchini are tender-crisp, about 7 minutes total.
- 4. Whisk vinegar into small bowl of sauce mixture to make salad dressing. In a medium bowl, toss mint, butter lettuce, rice noodles, cilantro, and red onion with dressing until coated. Divide salad among plates and set skewers alongside each serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes