- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti
- Salt and pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, sliced and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 ripe plum tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- calories 440
- fat 17 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- sodium 488 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, according to package directions, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain pasta in a colander.
Lightly oil a ridged grill pan; place over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Chop chicken.
In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, crushed red pepper and ginger until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add pasta and reserved water to bowl and toss to coat. Add chicken, cucumber and tomato; toss. Arrange pasta on a serving platter and garnish with scallions.