I didn't like this recipe at all. The roast was really dry ( cooking on low 8 hrs was too long) the sauce was just ok. I will not make this again.
Asian Pot Roast
For Asian Pot Roast, we simmer ginger and garlic in a slow cooker for a delicious twist on a traditional cold-weather pot roast.
More From Allyou
Stand: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 770mg
- 10 ounce white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 2-lb. eye of round roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Scallions, thinly sliced, optional
- 1. Combine mushrooms, broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in slow cooker. Pat roast dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to slow cooker; turn to coat with soy sauce mixture. Cover and cook on low until tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- 3. Transfer roast to cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker and return to cooker, whisking until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in vinegar. If sauce is too thick, whisk in 1 or 2 additional Tbsp. of broth. Slice meat. Serve with sauce, topped with scallions, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note