- 10 ounce white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 2-lb. eye of round roast, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Scallions, thinly sliced, optional
- calories 279
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 37 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 70 mg
- sodium 770 mg
How to Make It
Combine mushrooms, broth, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in slow cooker. Pat roast dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown beef on all sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to slow cooker; turn to coat with soy sauce mixture. Cover and cook on low until tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Transfer roast to cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker and return to cooker, whisking until sauce thickens, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in vinegar. If sauce is too thick, whisk in 1 or 2 additional Tbsp. of broth. Slice meat. Serve with sauce, topped with scallions, if desired.