- 8 ounces green beans
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup cream sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces reserved Asian Barbecued Pork, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 2/3 cups cooked rice
- calories 467
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 5.3 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 30.9 g
- carbohydrate 53.4 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 75 mg
- iron 4.1 mg
- sodium 879 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Trim green bean ends; remove strings. Place beans into a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 3 minutes. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, ginger, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove onion mixture from skillet; set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Combine sherry and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Add green beans, onion mixture, cornstarch mixture, reserved Asian Barbecued Pork, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) to pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens. Serve with rice.