Asian Pork-and-Noodle Soup
Save time preparing this noodle soup by cooking the pork while the broth mixture simmers.
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 137mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup drained, sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 1/4-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 6 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat noodles), broken in half
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Bring first 9 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle pork with pepper; place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes on each side or until done. Cool slightly; cut pork into strips.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil; add soba noodles. Cook 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in pork, vinegar, and oil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews