Very light, refreshing while still feeling like an autumn dish. Sweet and spicy, with the cayenne. good side salad, liked it very much.
Asian Pear, Persimmon, and Almond Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 182
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 2.6g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon roasted almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 ounces small, whole tender lettuces or salad mix (about 1 lightly packed qt.)
- 1 large unpeeled Asian pear, cut in thin wedges
- 2 firm-ripe unpeeled Fuyu persimmons, cut in thin wedges
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk lime juice, oil, honey, salt, and cayenne until blended.
- 2. In another medium bowl, gently mix lettuces with 1 to 2 tbsp. dressing. Add remaining ingredients to first bowl with dressing and mix gently to coat.
- 3. Divide lettuce among 4 salad plates. Spoon fruit mixture on top.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note