Asian Pear-Fig Chutney
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Judy Feagin
Garam masala, a fragrant Indian spice blend, is available in specialty stores or ethnic markets.
This recipe goes with Whole Roasted Trout with Asian Pear-Fig Chutney
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 cups
- 3 cups peeled, chopped, ripe Asian pears (about 3 large)
- 7 dried figs
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pear juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove from heat; serve warm. Store leftover chutney in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments