Yummy for my tummy! I made this for dinner tonight since my husband (who doesn't like this sort of thing) was out for the evening. More for me! I was feeling lazy and almost didn't make it, but so glad I did! I really enjoyed it and will be making it again.!
Asian Peanut Slaw with Pork
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 561
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Sodium: 747mg
- Cholesterol: 107mg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 6 oz. each)
- 2 cups thinly shredded savoy cabbage
- 2 cups thinly shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- About 1/4 tsp. salt
- About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, and chile flakes. Put pork in a medium bowl and coat with 3 tbsp. dressing.
- 2. Broil pork chops, turning once, until done the way you like, 7 minutes for medium. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing 1/4 in. thick.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cabbages, cilantro, bell pepper, and green onions. Add remaining dressing and peanuts to slaw mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide slaw among 4 plates and top with pork.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note