Asian Mushroom Oatmeal
This is a simple Asian twist to oatmeal.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Oatmeal base
- 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ginger powder or about 1/4 tsp fresh grated
- Other ingredients
- 4 whole(s) large button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce reserve 1/2 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 whole(s) green onions
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- Clean, and quarter mushrooms (or slice, or however you like them).
- Slice green onion (whites and green). Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté mushrooms about 7-10 minutes until moisture releases and they are lightly browned. Add soy sauce to mushrooms and reduce the soy sauce until no liquid remains. Add green onions and add enough water to coat the bottom of the pan. This allows you to de-glaze the pan and steam the green onion. Cook until liquid is nearly gone.
- When oats are done cooking, combine with remaining ingredients. Top with a small amount soy sauce if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TamedOats and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note