- 1 regular-size foil oven bag
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup finely diced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 4 cups hot water
- 4 ounces uncooked rice sticks (rice-flour noodles) or cooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- calories 383
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 4.2 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 59.5 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 630 mg
- calcium 23 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Coat the inside of the oven bag with cooking spray. Place bag on a large shallow baking pan.
Combine ground turkey, diced mushrooms, green onions, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bowl, and shape into 16 (1-inch) meatballs. Place meatballs on a single layer of wax paper.
Combine hot water and rice sticks in a bowl, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain well, and snip with scissors twice. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch and broth in a large bowl. Add 2 teaspoons soy sauce, sherry, and lime juice. Add rice sticks, sliced mushrooms, ginger, curry, and garlic, and toss well.
Place the noodle mixture in the prepared oven bag. Place the meatballs on noodle mixture, and fold edges of bag over to seal. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are done. Place the oven bag on platter, cut open with a sharp knife, and peel back foil. Sprinkle with minced cilantro.