I didn't have the white miso so I substituted brown instead which is not as sweet. Added salt and pepper and loved the outcome, an easy recipe that goes well with white rice and kimchee.
Asian Marinated Salmon
This basic marinade is also tasty with chicken, tofu, or beef.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 285
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.9g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/3 cup white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asian Marinated Salmon Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes