Asian-Inspired Orange Roughy
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Vegetable oil
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- Cook sesame seeds in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden; cool and stir in breadcrumbs.
- Bring teriyaki sauce and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Stir together eggs and salt. Dredge fish in cornstarch; dip in egg mixture. Press breadcrumb mixture onto fish.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into large heavy skillet. Fry fish in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Spoon teriyaki mixture over fish; garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note