- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzos, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Asian peanut sauce
- 5 zucchini (about 1/4 lb. each)
- 1 red onion (3/4 lb.)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pocket breads (about 6 in.)
- 1 firm-ripe tomato (about 3/4 lb.), rinsed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (about 2 oz.) alfalfa sprouts, rinsed and drained
- calories 442
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- protein 16 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 67 g
- fiber 8.2 g
- sodium 1170 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a blender or food processor, purée garbanzos and peanut sauce, scraping hummus mixture from container sides as needed.
Trim and discard zucchini ends. Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. Cut onion crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Brush vegetables lightly with olive oil.
Place zucchini and onion slices on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook vegetables, turning to brown evenly, 10 to 12 minutes, transferring to a plate as cooked.
Spread cupped side of each pocket bread with 1/4 of the hummus and set on plates. Top each bread equally with zucchini, tomato, onion, and alfalfa sprouts. Eat with knife and fork.