Asian Hot Pot
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 2,639mg
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 11g
- Protein: 9g
- 1 3.75-ounce package cellophane (bean thread) or thin rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake or other mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
- 6 cups vegetable or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
- 4 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the broth, soy sauce, ginger, and chili sauce (if using) and combine. Bring to a boil. Add the scallions, carrots, and green beans. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
Drain the noodles and cut into 3-inch lengths. Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup over the top.
Tip: You can find cellophane and rice noodles in the Asian-food aisle of most supermarkets. If you prefer a more substantial soup, substitute 8 ounces of angel-hair pasta or whole-wheat spaghetti, breaking the strands into pieces before cooking.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes