- 2/3 cup CRISCO Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 (1-inch-thick) beef strip steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spicy Herb Sauce
How to Make It
Whisk together first 6 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large shallow dish; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour, turning once.
Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve grilled steaks with Spicy Herb Sauce.