- 2 pieces kombu (4 in. each)
- 1/2 cup dried bonito flakes
- 1/2 cup white or yellow miso
- 4 cups mixed Asian greens such as tatsoi and Chinese broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 package (12.3 oz.) extra-firm silken tofu, patted dry and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- Sesame oil (optional)
- calories 115
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 10 g
- fat 3.1 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- sodium 0.0 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Make dashi: Soak kombu in 8 cups cold water for 20 minutes. Bring to a boil and add bonito. Remove from heat, let sit 5 minutes, then strain through a fine-meshed strainer into a large saucepan.
In a small bowl, mix 2 cups hot dashi with miso, stirring until there are no lumps, then stir back into rest of dashi.
Bring liquid to a gentle simmer (do not boil) and stir in greens, bok choy, scallions, and ginger. Once greens have wilted, stir in tofu and let simmer 5 minutes, then divide among bowls and serve immediately. Serve with chili sauce and/or sesame oil, if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving; sodium data not available.