Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken
Grilling chicken is an easy way to transform this humble food. You'll get the best results if you let the chicken stand out at room temperature before grilling.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 242
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 476mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well until blended.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with hoisin mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with hoisin mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with hoisin mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note