Wonderful! Super easy and quick! going to be a staple in our house.
Asian Ginger Beef
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams
Yield: Serves 4
Cost per Serving: $2.82
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 308
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Sodium: 1018mg
- 1 12-oz. bag frozen Asian vegetable mix (such as broccoli, carrots, snow peas and water chestnuts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Cook vegetable mix as package label directs.
- 2. Warm vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and add to skillet along with onion and bell pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and broth, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mixed vegetables and toss well.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tsp. water until smooth. Add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve over rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note