• Trim fat from steak. Score both sides of steak by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals in diamond pattern.
• Place steak in resealable plastic bag and set in shallow baking dish.
• In small bowl, whisk broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onion, sherry (if desired), ginger, and garlic. Add marinade to plastic bag. Reseal tightly.
• Marinate steak in refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
• Drain steak, discarding marinade.
• For charcoal grill, cook steak, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 17 to 21 minutes, turning once.
• For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 17 to 21 minutes, turning once.
• Remove from grill. Let steak rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
Go to full version of