Asian Flank Steak
Marinate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) flank steak
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) cooking sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- • Trim fat from steak. Score both sides of steak by making shallow cuts at 1-inch intervals in diamond pattern.
- • Place steak in resealable plastic bag and set in shallow baking dish.
- • In small bowl, whisk broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onion, sherry (if desired), ginger, and garlic. Add marinade to plastic bag. Reseal tightly.
- • Marinate steak in refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- • Drain steak, discarding marinade.
- • For charcoal grill, cook steak, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 17 to 21 minutes, turning once.
- • For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 17 to 21 minutes, turning once.
- • Remove from grill. Let steak rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note