I took this to a chili cook-off recently. Although I didn't win anything, I did receive many positive comments on this dish. People thought it was really different, interesting and tasty. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
"I came across this recipe during a visit to Japan. The Asian flavor is a nice change." - Martha Ann Bernard: New Vienna, Ohio. Pair out-of-ordinary Asian Chili with store-bought egg rolls and fortune cookies for a fun casual meal with little fuss. And for extra ease, keep serving-size portions of chili in the freezer to defrost and reheat in a hurry. Recipe published in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 46-ounce can(s) tomato juice
- 1 28-ounce can(s) Chinese mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 14-ounce can(s) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato juice, vegetables, bean sprouts, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note