Asian Chicken with Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 small red peppers, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
- Stir the cornstarch, stock, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil, if desired, in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium. Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the broccoli, peppers and garlic and stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the peanuts and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve over the rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes