So easy, I put raw chicken breasts in my Deep Covered Baker with some Asian Seasoning for 15 minutes while I chopped the veggies and had a healthy summer meal without using a hot grill or stovetop.
Asian Chicken Slaw
Whether you eat this cool and delicious Asian chicken coleslaw on its own, or loaded into a wrap, it's guaranteed to satisfy an appetite of any size.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 152
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package angel hair slaw
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- To prepare slaw, combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine cider vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour dressing over the slaw; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and sesame seeds before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note