This is a wonderful combination of flavors. So easy to make. The dressing also makes a wonderful marinade for grilled salmon and shrimp. Will definitely make this on a regular basis.
Asian Chicken Salad with Sweet and Spicy Wasabi Dressing
Don't be shy about using the wasabi powder—the dressing is full of flavor, not heat. Rotisserie chicken works well for this salad, although any shredded cooked chicken will do.
Prep: 10 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 23.5g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 279mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon wasabi powder (dried Japanese horseradish)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (11.4-ounce) package Asian supreme salad mix (such as Fresh Express)
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 diagonally cut green onion
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Add salad mix to vinegar mixture, reserving wonton strips for topping and sesame-orange dressing for another use. Add oranges and chicken; toss gently to coat. Top evenly with onion and reserved wonton strips.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note