- 1/3 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) package Chinese-style noodles
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated gingerroot
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- calories 407
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 3.5 g
- protein 29.6 g
- carbohydrate 56.6 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 470 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake. Slice chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
Set aside 2 cups spinach leaves. Stack remaining spinach leaves, and cut into thin slices; set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Transfer noodles to a large bowl; add 1/3 cup broth mixture, sliced spinach, cilantro, green onions, and gingerroot; toss lightly.
Pour remaining broth mixture into a large nonstick skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; saute 2 minutes. Add red pepper; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until pepper is tender.
To serve, place 1/2 cup spinach leaves on each of 4 plates. Arrange noodle and chicken mixtures over spinach; sprinkle with peanuts.