- 1/2 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1/2 large)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 15 large crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- 5 tablespoons peanut sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- calories 253
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- protein 24 g
- carbohydrate 21.6 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 631 mg
- calcium 37 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Spread evenly on jelly-roll pan, and refrigerate until chilled.
Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
While rice chills, heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and next 3 ingredients; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in water chestnuts.
To assemble, spoon about 2 tablespoons chilled rice into each lettuce leaf; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture. Roll up. Serve lettuce rolls with reserved soy sauce mixture and peanut sauce.