This recipe is delicious. My kids even enjoy it, veggies and all. The hoisin sauce adds a delightful sweetness to the entire meal, and the variety of ingredients make for a lovely presentation. The mixture of flavors is well-balanced and proves that deep-frying is not the only way to make catfish. The recipe does have a bit of sauce to it, which is easily soaked up by the tortillas. Or sometimes we skip the tortillas and serve the mixture directly over rice.
Asian Catfish Wraps
Catfish nuggets are fresh catfish pieces that are less expensive than fillets. If they're not available, buy fillets and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 22.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound catfish nuggets
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa (Chinese) cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 3/4 cup preshredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add catfish nuggets; cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dark sesame oil to pan. Add cabbage, sliced mushroom caps, carrot, green onions, ginger, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender. Stir in catfish nuggets, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide the catfish mixture evenly among tortillas; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches