Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef (90/10)
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnut slices, chopped
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon jarred, prechopped garlic in olive oil
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, mix pork and beef together until mostly homogeneous. Meat will be a bit gooey. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix beaten egg, soy sauce, Sriracha, and garlic.
- 3. In a separate small bowl or in a one cup measure, combine Panko, onion powder, and pepper. Mix gently.
- 4. Add water chestnuts, egg/soy mixture, and Panko mixture to meat and stir to incorporate. You will need to mix by hand after a moment for best results. Shape meat into four equally sized patties. These can rest on the side of your bowl until the pan is ready.
- 5. Turn stove top burner to medium medium high. You will not need oil if you follow this: http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/videohowtopreheatyourpanleidenfrosteffect.html When your pan is hot, gently place two patties onto the pan. DO NOT MOVE THEM. Allow the bottoms to cook for a few minutes until the meat has browned a little less than halfway up the edge. Probably no more than 4 minutes.
- 6. Flip the patties. They should not stick or tear if your pan was hot enough. However, little bits may begin to burn slightly. Lower the temperature to just above medium if necessary. Cook the patties until no pink remains around the edges. About 3 minutes or so.
- 7. Move patties onto a toaster pan or rack/oven pan and place into your toaster/oven at about 325 degrees. If using a toaster, you will not need to preheat. Let these sit while the other two patties cook.
- 8. Repeat steps 5 through 7 for the other two patties. When all four burgers have been cooked, it is fine to eat the first two. Burgers should be moist, tender on the inside, with a bit of a charred crust on the surfaces.
- Approximate Nutritional Info per burger:
- Calories 276
- Protein 23g
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 9g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Okazehime and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note