Asian Brown Sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 3 tablespoon(s) palm or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper (1/8 tsp for those who like it less spicy)
- 1/2 cup(s) corn syrup
- 1/4 cup(s) light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) white shoyu (can substitute soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry or marsala
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced ginger jarred, or fresh
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic (or more to taste) fresh prefered
- 1/4 cup(s) scallions thinly sliced
- Combine all ingredients except for the scallions in a bowl and mix. Warm gently over very low flame, stirring, to soften the corn syrup and palm or brown sugar until they mix readily. Remove from heat and add the scallions. Set aside until needed.
- If using in a stir fry, add your oil (I prefer a combination of Canola, Peanut, and Sesame) and heat. Add your thicker vegetables (carrots, broccoli stems, pork, etc.), followed by your lighter items (snow peas, shrimp, bean sprouts, etc.), and then your prepared noodles. Stir fry quickly, and then add the sauce. Mix completely and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NeroFiddled and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asian Brown Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments