Incredible flavor! I hosted a fondue night with a broth, cheese, and chocolate fondue, and settled on using this broth. I had pot stickers, cubed raw chicken, mushrooms and broccoli for people to cook in this broth, and it was a hit! It has a delicious bold flavor that came through incredibly well on the cooked food. A FEW NOTES: I didn't have dried hot red chiles, so used a few shakes of crushed red pepper flakes and it worked very well. Just be careful as the heat can go up pretty quickly. I also strained everything out of the broth before presenting it. Lastly, if you will have this out for a long period of time (we had a total of 60 people coming in and out over 5 hours or so), you will need to keep replenishing it due to evaporation. I had to use 4 batches over those 5 hours, so make a lot beforehand and keep it warm and ready in the oven. Will definitely use this again!
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 39
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 8.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 6 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 slices fresh ginger (quarter size)
- 1 or 2 dried hot red chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- In a 2 1/2- to 3-quart pan over high heat, bring to a boil chicken broth, green onions, ginger, red chilies, and garlic. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift out and discard ginger and chilies.
- Nutritional analysis per cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note