Asian Beef Salad
What you get: cancer-fighting phytochemicals, fiber, protein, vitamins, calcium.
Prep: 18 minutes; Chill: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 3 1/2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 847mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 1/2 pound thickly sliced reduced-fat, reduced-sodium deli roast beef
- 1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodle soup mix (remove flavor packet and reserve for another use)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup light sesame ginger vinaigrette (such as Newman's Own)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced (1/3 cup)
- 1. Slice the beef into thin 1-inch-wide strips. Place the beef in a large mixing bowl. Break the ramen noodles into small pieces, and mix them with the beef.
- 2. Add the cooked and cooled edamame and next 4 ingredients (through vinegar) to the bowl, and toss the ingredients well to coat them with the dressing. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- 3. To serve, divide the salad evenly among 4 shallow bowls, and sprinkle each with scallions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads