Asian Beef Salad
No grill available? Cook the beef in a grill skillet on the cooktop. Napa cabbage may be called Chinese cabbage in some grocery stores.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Grill: 14 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1-lb.) flank steaks
- 1 (1 3/4-lb.) napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Soy-Sesame Dressing
- 1. Combine teriyaki sauce and oil in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steaks, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour, turning steaks occasionally.
- 2. Remove steaks from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes; cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 4. Toss steak slices, cabbage, and next 5 ingredients together; drizzle with desired amount of dressing, tossing gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note