- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups (2-inch) diagonally sliced asparagus (about 2 pounds)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Napa (Chinese) cabbage leaves (optional)
- calories 46
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- fat 2.1 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 0.6 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 6.2 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 34 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving 1 teaspoon juice. Set sections aside; discard membranes.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
Combine soy sauce and sesame oil; pour over asparagus mixture, tossing well. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sesame seeds, orange sections, and 1 teaspoon juice. Serve on cabbage leaves, if desired.
Note: Each serving provides 110 micrograms of folate.