Asian Angel Hair Pasta
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 451
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sodium: 913mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 3/4 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound edible-pod peas, stem ends and strings removed
- 3/4 to 1 pound (51 to 60 per lb.) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, stir nuts often until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Pour out of pan.
- 2. Pour 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water into pan, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a wide bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and chili oil.
- 4. When water boils, stir in pasta. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Stir in peas and shrimp. Cook until pasta is just tender to bite and shrimp are pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Drain well.
- 5. Add pasta mixture, cilantro, and green onions to soy dressing and mix well. Sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This