- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 3/4 pound dried angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound edible-pod peas, stem ends and strings removed
- 3/4 to 1 pound (51 to 60 per lb.) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- calories 451
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- carbohydrate 60 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- sodium 913 mg
- cholesterol 84 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, stir nuts often until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Pour out of pan.
Pour 2 1/2 to 3 quarts water into pan, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Meanwhile, in a wide bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and chili oil.
When water boils, stir in pasta. Cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Stir in peas and shrimp. Cook until pasta is just tender to bite and shrimp are pink, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Drain well.
Add pasta mixture, cilantro, and green onions to soy dressing and mix well. Sprinkle with nuts.