Asiago Crusted Walleye
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 walley filets
- 2 eggs
- flour as needed
- 1 cup(s) asiago cheese, fine grated
- 1 cup(s) panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 cup(s) clarified butter
- Whip eggs with ¼ cup of milk or water.
- In another bowl combine 1 cup of Flour, cheese, Panko, and dry basil - season with salt and pepper.
- In a third bowl add 1 cup of flour. Lightly season each fish filet with salt and pepper and then continue to bread the fish fillets as follows:
- 1. Dredge with plain flour, shake off excess
- 2. Dip into egg mixture, drain off excess
- 3. Coat with cheese mixture and set aside
- Heat clarified butter in a large sauté pan over high heat. Slowly add breaded walleye to pan and cook until golden brown, turning once. Do not overcrowd the pan and do this step in two or three batches. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet in a 300-degree oven to finish cooking, about 5 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lwillmert and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Asiago Crusted Walleye Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes