Everybody in my house loves this, especially my 7 year-old.
Asiago-Crusted Pork Chops
Asiago cheese—a popular Italian cow's milk cheese—and crunchy breadcrumbs form a delicate crust on these fork-tender pork chops. Accompany with Broccoli with Sour Cream Sauce for a hearty meal that can be on the table in less than 15 minutes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 27.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 297mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Place pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound to an even thickness (about 1/4 inch) using a meat mallet or a small heavy skillet.
- 2. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Combine panko, cheese, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip pork in egg white; dredge in panko mixture, pressing gently with fingers to coat.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each pork chop; sprinkle each evenly with thyme.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes