Asiago Cheese Grits
The Twist: The slow cooker's steady moist heat releases the starch in stone-ground grits with minimal stirring, creating a naturally rich, creamy texture with little or no added dairy products.
This recipe goes with Grits and Grillades
More From Southern Living
Other: 3 Hours
- 1 cup uncooked stone-ground grits
- 1/2 cup (2-oz.) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Stir together grits and 3 cups water in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes, allowing grits to settle to bottom; tilt slow cooker slightly, and skim off solids using a fine wire-mesh strainer. Cover and cook on HIGH 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until grits are creamy and tender, stirring every 45 minutes.
- 2. Stir in cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note