A flavorful alternative to basil pesto, created to go on our Turkey Sandwiches with Roasted Romas, Fresh Mozzarella, and Arugula-Walnut Pesto. Prep and Cook Time: about 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 74
- Calories from fat: 92%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 96mg
- Cholesterol: 2.3mg
- 1/3 cup walnut halves or pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake walnuts until slightly golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour into a food processor. Add garlic and whirl until coarsely chopped. Add arugula, parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt; whirl until smooth.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments