I was in charge of salad for dinner Christmas Day this year and wanted something new to go with the beef tenderloin my aunt was serving. I got rave reviews. I cut down on the olive oil too, and garnished with roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes with the parm cheese. I mixed the dressing with my wand mixer and I'm planning to use the leftover to marinate some chicken or pork chops for tomorrow night's dinner
Arugula and Shaved Parmesan Salad
Take a break from bagged grocery store salads with this simple but elegant arugula salad featuring a homemade basil-and-balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula
- Garnish: shaved Parmesan
- 1. Mash garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Whisk together garlic paste, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, balsamic vinegar, and next 4 ingredients. Continue whisking, and slowly add oil until mixture is well blended.
- 3. Toss with arugula, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note