I was in charge of salad for dinner Christmas Day this year and wanted something new to go with the beef tenderloin my aunt was serving. I got rave reviews. I cut down on the olive oil too, and garnished with roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes with the parm cheese. I mixed the dressing with my wand mixer and I'm planning to use the leftover to marinate some chicken or pork chops for tomorrow night's dinner
Arugula and Shaved Parmesan Salad
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula
- Garnish: shaved Parmesan
- 1. Mash garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Whisk together garlic paste, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, balsamic vinegar, and next 4 ingredients. Continue whisking, and slowly add oil until mixture is well blended.
- 3. Toss with arugula, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This