Great summer salad! I even think you could make this without the shrimp, since my favorite parts were the sweet grapes, toasty walnuts, and peppery arugula. You can't really distinguish the grapes in the dressing, but it is light and refreshing, and a lovely pastel green shade.
Arugula Salad with Shrimp and Grapes
Grapes do double duty in this innovative salad. They're pureed for fruity, tart, smooth dressing, which is used to top more grapes, shrimp, arugula, basil, and cheese.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 tablespoon Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh Vidalia or sweet onion (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut celery
- 5 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- To prepare salad, bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add shrimp; cook 1 minute. Add celery; cook 1 minute. Drain and rinse with cold water; pat dry.
- Place shrimp mixture, arugula, grapes, and basil in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Top with cheese and walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes