Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese Medallions
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 164
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 7.8g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 122mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup currants
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 9 to 10 ounce (about 9 cups) small, tender arugula leaves or salad mix, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 3 logs (11 to 12 oz. total) fresh chèvre (goat) cheese, cut into 8 to 10 equal rounds
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In an 8- to 10-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, stir nuts often until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add currants, stir, and pour mixture into a small bowl.
- 2. In a wide bowl, mix 2 tablespoons oil and the vinegar. Add arugula leaves and mix to coat. Mound equal portions on salad plates.
- 3. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into the frying pan and set over medium-high heat. Lay cheese in pan and heat just until warm, turning once with a wide spatula, 3/4 to 1 minute total. Set a portion of cheese on each salad. Sprinkle with nuts and currants. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads