Really lovely, light but filling take on pizza. Also quick and easy for a weeknight meal.
Arugula Pizza with Poached Eggs
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.9g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 192mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 605mg
- Calcium: 237mg
- 1 (11-ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough (such as Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Unroll pizza dough on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray; place in preheating oven. Bake as oven heats for 7 minutes.
- 3. Combine the ricotta and 1/4 cup Romano. Remove pan from oven. Quickly spread cheese mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Return pan to oven, and bake for 5 minutes.
- 4. While pizza bakes, add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour gently into pan. Cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
- 5. Combine arugula, remaining 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and the next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; toss well. Top pizza with arugula mixture and eggs; sprinkle with pepper. Cut into 6 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes