Wow! Just happened that I had all ingredients on hand. Outstanding dressing!! I did the recipe exactly as written. The blue cheese I used was an amazing bargain from Costco. Next time I'll add toasted walnuts, pecans or almonds. The downside, I don't have any more farm fresh arugula -- if I did, I'd make more salad right now!
Arugula and Pear Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Photo: Sang An
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 185.47mg
- Calories: 183.58
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Carbohydrate: 11.91g
- Cholesterol: 15.95mg
- Fat: 13.3g
- Fiber: 1.96g
- Iron: 0.88mg
- Protein: 5.83mg
- Saturated fat: 4.92g
- Sodium: 410.06mg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula leaves
- 1 pear, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil; set aside.
Arrange the arugula on individual plates and top with the pear and cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Tip: For a warm salad, heat the vinaigrette in a small saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute, and substitute spinach for the arugula.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note