- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 1/2 ounces wild arugula
- 1/2 small turnip, peeled and shaved on a handheld slicer
- 1/2 Bosc pear, cored and quartered but unpeeled, shaved on a handheld slicer
- 1 ounce wide shavings manchego cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 200
- caloriesfromfat 69 %
- protein 3.8 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 3.9 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- sodium 152 mg
- cholesterol 16 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan until it browns and begins to smell nutty, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
In a blender, process dates, 1/4 cup almonds, and the vinegar to a coarse paste. Drizzle in browned butter, oil, 1/2 cup water, the salt, and pepper. Blend in 1 to 2 tbsp. more water if needed to thin.
Chop remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Put arugula, turnip, pear, and most of almonds and manchego in a serving bowl and toss with about 1/2 cup vinaigrette. Taste and add more vinaigrette if you like. Top with remaining cheese and almonds.
Make ahead: Vinaigrette, up to 2 days, chilled.