Arugula Parmesan Salad
Photo: Lisa Romerein; Styling: William Smith
Arugula has a distinctive, appealingly peppery flavor. Use just a touch of sweet balsamic vinegar to enhance rather than mask it.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 82%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Cholesterol: 7.2mg
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bags arugula (5 or 6 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as chervil, tarragon, flat-leaf parsley, and chives
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together vinegars, garlic, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2. Put arugula in a large bowl and toss with herbs and dressing. Add parmesan, then toss one more time.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads