Arugula, Hazelnut, Persimmon, and Fennel Salad
With fresh, peak-of-flavor ingredients, the simplest vinaigrette is more than sufficient. Toasting the hazelnuts intensifies their flavor and helps to easily remove their bitter skins.
Yield: 6 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 17.5g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2)
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled ripe Fuyu persimmon (about 2)
- 1 (5-ounce) package bagged prewashed arugula
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool 2 minutes; turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Chop nuts; set aside.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine fennel, persimmon, and arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Place 1 1/2 cups fennel mixture on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with about 1 teaspoon hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Arugula, Hazelnut, Persimmon, and Fennel Salad Recipe at a Glance