- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2)
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled ripe Fuyu persimmon (about 2)
- 1 (5-ounce) package bagged prewashed arugula
- calories 107
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- fat 4.4 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 17.5 g
- fiber 5.1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 145 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool 2 minutes; turn nuts out onto a towel. Roll up towel; rub off skins. Chop nuts; set aside.
Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Combine fennel, persimmon, and arugula in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Place 1 1/2 cups fennel mixture on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with about 1 teaspoon hazelnuts. Serve immediately.