- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped salt-preserved lemon, preferably Meyer*
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 small bulbs fresh fennel, ends trimmed, some feathery tops reserved
- 2/3 pound arugula (2 to 3 bunches), ends trimmed, rinsed and spun dry
- calories 119
- caloriesfromfat 82 %
- protein 1.2 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- carbohydrate 5.2 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 129 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a medium bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, preserved lemon, garlic, and pepper. Thinly slice fennel bulbs crosswise, discarding fibrous ends, and stir into dressing. Chop enough fennel fronds to make 2 tbsp.; put in large bowl with arugula. Add fennel mixture to arugula and toss gently.
*Buy at a gourmet grocery store, make your own (see sunset.com), or order by mail from robertlambert.com ($12 for 8-oz. jar). Use only the rind; scrape out and discard the pulp.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.